Welcome!

Welcome to Strength for Today, Bright Hope for Tomorrow! My goal, and the purpose of this blog, is to encourage young women in their daily life and their walk with God. The wonderful hymn Great Is Thy Faithfulness, which contains the line “Strength for today, bright hope for tomorrow”, has become a favorite of mine as God has given me strength each day to follow Him, and the bright hope for both my earthly future and eternity in Heaven. As Christ brings me strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, I hope you find it as well. Great is HIS faithfulness!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Song in My Heart ~ It Is Well with My Soul

It Is Well with My Soul

When peace like a river
Attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roar,
Whatever my lot
Thou hast taught me to say,
“It is well, it is well, with my soul.”

Though Satan should buffet,
Though trials should come,
Let this blessed assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin -- O the bliss of this glorious thought --
My sin not in part but the whole
Is nailed to the cross, and I bare it no more!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And, Lord haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll,
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend.
Even so it is well with my soul.

It is well with my soul.
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Often in my life, when I have been faced with a trial or some great sadness, the Lord has brought this hymn to my mind to comfort me. He reminds me that whether life is calm and peaceful or stormy, I can say that it is well with my soul. Even when trials come or Satan places a temptation before me, Christ knows and will carry me through. I love the third verse that reminds me that all my sin has been taken from me and I am now free and forgiven! This wonderful hymn has brought me strength and encouragement many times, and the Lord has taught me, even through tears, to say with joy that it is well with my soul!
Happy Singing!

2 comments:

Balvanz said...

Such a beautiful and comforting hymn. I love it when we sing it at church!

Historian Anne said...

ohh, so wonderful. That is a very sweet hymn. Once during a very difficult time in our family and church life I recall singing this hymn as a congregation. it was amazing. The words are soo appropriate so true so knowledgeable of the difficulties in the daily walk.