Encouraging others, building and pulling them up and along toward the things of God, day after day, as long as it is still called "today", with God's promise of Strength for Today and Bright Hope for Tomorrow.
Welcome!
Welcome to Strength for Today, Bright Hope for Tomorrow! My goal, and the purpose of this blog, is to encourage young women in their daily life and their walk with God. The wonderful hymn Great Is Thy Faithfulness, which contains the line “Strength for today, bright hope for tomorrow”, has become a favorite of mine as God has given me strength each day to follow Him, and the bright hope for both my earthly future and eternity in Heaven. As Christ brings me strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, I hope you find it as well. Great is HIS faithfulness!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Heart to Heart with Mom
All through my life, my mom has taken the time to talk with me about things going on in my life. She has used these times of conversation to guide and mentor me. As I have grown into a young adult, those talks have continued. I go to her with ideas, struggles, and situations I’m facing. Sometimes they’re short conversations, lasting only ten minutes or so, while other times we go for an hour or more. Looking back, I can now see how our discussion times have changed from a mother teaching and training her daughter to heart to heart sessions between an older woman and a younger woman. Yes, I still learn from these conversations with me mom, but I now receive joy from them as well. I have come to love the time we spend sitting on the couch or standing in the kitchen. Build your relationship with your mom. Go to her with your struggles and share with her from your heart. You will both be blessed beyond measure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I heartely agree! Our mother should be our closest friend. I have a very sweet relationship with my mother too.
Blessings,
Sarah
Yes what a blessing family is! Moms are so sweet and caring, so insightful!
Post a Comment