One of our downfalls as humans is worrying about what other people think of us. We are naturally “people-pleasers”. However, it shouldn’t be that way. As Christians, we should be living to please God alone. This is called “living for the Audience of One”. In Genesis 17:1 God told Abram, “I am God Almighty; walk before Me, and be blameless”. He didn’t tell Abram to walk before his family or his friends, God told Abram to walk before Him. It didn’t matter what others thought of Abram’s life, only what God thought. The same is true of our lives. What other people think of us can’t change who we are in Christ, so when our identity is in Christ it doesn’t matter what others are thinking or if we’re pleasing them. When we make God our “Audience of One”, it frees our minds from the thoughts that accompany trying to please others, and we are able to focus on becoming more like Christ. In other words, living for the Audience of One gives us the freedom to become the women God wants us to be. We need to determine whether we are living to please God alone, and choose to make Him our Audience of One.
For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men?
If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
Galatians 1:10
1 comment:
So good! Thanks for posting this!
BTW I like you background too! ;-)
Post a Comment