Welcome!

Welcome to Strength for Today, Bright Hope for Tomorrow! My goal, and the purpose of this blog, is to encourage young women in their daily life and their walk with God. The wonderful hymn Great Is Thy Faithfulness, which contains the line “Strength for today, bright hope for tomorrow”, has become a favorite of mine as God has given me strength each day to follow Him, and the bright hope for both my earthly future and eternity in Heaven. As Christ brings me strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, I hope you find it as well. Great is HIS faithfulness!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Recommended Reading Review ~ Lies Women Believe

Lies Women Believe
And the Truth That Sets Them Free
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss
In the Garden of Eden, the serpent came to Eve and told her all kinds of lies. And she believed them. Since then, women have heard and believed many different kinds of lies. In her book, Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free, Nancy Leigh DeMoss examines some of these lies. She shows her readers why they are lies, how Satan uses these lies, and the truth that counters these lies. The lies that Miss DeMoss points out are ones most women believe in one way or another. It was very convicting to read this book and recognize the lies I have believed and the ones I could be in danger of believing. With every lie she points out, Miss DeMoss gives scriptures to not only prove they are lies but to also reveal the truth. By giving scriptures of truth, Miss DeMoss gives her readers a tool to use to fight the lies as we face them each day. We are able to read and meditate on these verses when we feel ourselves believing lies. Lies Women Believe is a must read for any and every woman. Not only does it show us the lies in our own lives that we may have believed, but I can also see how it could be a wonderful resource for helping others see the lies in their lives they have been believing and the truth that will set them free.

2 comments:

Janel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janel said...

Oh, I really like that book. I would highly recomend it!